Merge Technique

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marilyn
Participant

Merge Technique

Post by Marilyn »

The Merge documentation in Chapter 20 is almost not usagable. There is no clear info on the Merge object and how it is used in the process. The documenation on page 2 of chapter 20 has an object on the Master link that I can't identify. And the "Merge" object is in the middle suggesting that it is performing a merge process to the Out put data set, but when I try to connect it in either to the source object or the target I get the following message:

("40821) The destination stage does not support stream input links" This seems to be contrary to what the merge process is all aboutl

Is there any other documenation available? It is very important that I get this to work.
Thanks
Marilyn
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

The SERVER Merge stage takes no input links and outputs a single link. The input to this stage is two flat files that are sourced from within the stage itself.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

*Topic Relocated - Content Editor*

The parallel Merge stage and the server Merge stage are two completely different beasts. The server Merge stage should probably be called FileJoin (because it joins two sequential files)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.