Oracle stage throwing library failure: open failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devilsmentor
Participant

Oracle stage throwing library failure: open failed

Post by devilsmentor »

Hi,
When I try to execute a server job. I am getting the below error

ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of /dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/oraoci9.so - ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libclntsh.so: open failed: No such file or directory

I checked the ODBC stage and the "view data" works fine. But for all oracle stages I see this error when i try to "view data" or run the job. Can anyone please help?
devilsmentor
Participant

Re: Oracle stage throwing libaray failure error

Post by devilsmentor »

devilsmentor wrote:Hi,
When I try to execute a server job. I am getting the below error

ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of /dstage/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib/oraoci9.so - ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libclntsh.so: open failed: No such file or directory

I checked the ODBC stage and the "view data" works fine. But for all oracle stages I see this error when i try to "view data" or run the job. Can anyone please help?
I can post more info if needed.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Has the OCI stage ever worked? Meaning, did it work before and is broken now, or is this the first time you are attempting to use it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

This is the first time we are running it. Also, I have searched forum and found a post but the issue was with 32 bit or 64 oracle binary files. I checked the path and it seems we are using 32 bit path only. Dont know what else to do.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, what have you done to prepare the way? Installed Oracle client? Edited your dsenv file? That should do it. Post the relevant section of your dsenv file if you're unsure you've done it right.
-craig

devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

Craig,
Thanks for your response. I have checked the dsenv file and it is exactly the same we have from production, and of course the parameters were changed for login credentials. And the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has lib32 prior to lib as suggested in few previous posts (links posted below). The issue appears to happen only in DR ! Could it be that my DS admin user need to be in the oracle user group ? Currently it is not. However, the ODBC stage is retrieving data fine.

viewtopic.php?t=89313&highlight=ds_load ... oraoci9.so

viewtopic.php?t=93712&highlight=dsapi_s ... bclntsh.so:

Thanks again,
Yousuf.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ODBC may or may not be relevant - if you are using the wired (thin) drivers, for example, it working means nothing. However, if you are using the thick (client-based) drivers for ODBC, that's another story.
-craig

devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

chulett wrote:ODBC may or may not be relevant - if you are using the wired (thin) drivers, for example, it working means nothing. However, if you are using the thick (client-based) drivers for ODBC, that's another ...
Hmmm ... but coming to Oracle drivers we have two (oraoci9.so and oraoci9enu.so). When we register the plugin oraoci9enu.so is the only one that lets us do that ! i even had the stage exported from production to DR but still the issue persists. Eventually we had DS re-installed and fortunately now we are good to go. But it always wonders me what could have happened the first time :!:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... is your problem resolved now? And it took a complete reinstallation of DataStage to resolve it? :?
-craig