How to differentiate between changes to a datastage job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to differentiate between changes to a datastage job

Post by cosec »

Hi,

Suppose a datastage job has been changed from its previous version and no description of the change is noted, is there a way I could spot the changes to a datastage job ?

For e.g using CVS I can tell if a change has been made or not. But to find out specifically what changes have been made...is it possible ?

Appreciate, your advice.

Thanks.
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

You'd need an exported copy of the job before and after the change was made. You could diff the two and get close. I don't know the best way to do this in Windows although I have done it with some XML "diff" utilities in the past. This obviously means exporting the job before/after as xml. I am not aware of any other way to compare prior to release 8.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in DS_AUDIT, find out who made the change, and beat the information you want out of them.

Version 8 has comparison tools.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.