bapi load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

bapi load

Post by mail2hfz »

Hi
When I need to load data into sap using bapi,do i need to use bapi stage as input link or output link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You design so that there is a link running into the BAPI stage. When you open the BAPI stage, there will be an Inputs tab on which you can enter the properties relevant to this link.

Code: Select all

(other stages ) ------->  BAPI
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mail2hfz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mail2hfz »

thanks ray

my datastage job runs fine .it shows as all rows are proceessed and job is finished with no errors but in reality in sap no data is found . when i see in sap there was no RFC call occured .but in datastage job is fine with no errors.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

Hi:
I am facing a similar situation. In Datastage the job completes successfully but the Return file from BAPI has Error code E.

I am trying create a material record on SAP using BAPI_Material_savedata. The values I pass in DataStage are correct since I am able to create a material using the same values on SAP GUI. However, when I execute the job from Datastage, the Return file posts E as error and has a message Enter Material number. Nevertheless, I am supplying material number in the job.

Appreciate any suggestions/ inputs on this.

Thanks
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

Hi:
I am facing a similar situation. In Datastage the job completes successfully but the Return file from BAPI has Error code E.

I am trying create a material record on SAP using BAPI_Material_savedata. The values I pass in DataStage are correct since I am able to create a material using the same values on SAP GUI. However, when I execute the job from Datastage, the Return file posts E as error and has a message Enter Material number. Nevertheless, I am supplying material number in the job.

Appreciate any suggestions/ inputs on this.

Thanks