Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jtoledo
Participant

Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects

Post by jtoledo »

I first installed the DataStage client version 8.1 on my PC. Then, I realized that the server is in version 8.0.1, so I proceeded to uninstall version 8.1, but the uninstall process gave me errors.

Then I installed version 8.0.1 successfully, but when I try to connect to the server I get the following error:

"DataStage Reporitory Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects"

After I click OK in the pop-up, the connect pop-up shows, but when I submit to log in I get this error:

"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected domain"

In addition, the Multi-client Manager appears as installed to the installation process, but id does not actually exists on the PC.

Can anyone know how to correct this problem and be able to connect to the server?

Thank you
naveen19
Participant

Re: Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects

Post by naveen19 »

Format ur PC and start installing Freshly... I faced this prob once support told me to do the same thing..

Regards...Naveen.K
naveen19
Participant

Post by naveen19 »

Format ur PC and start installing Freshly... I faced this prob once support told me to do the same thing..

Regards...Naveen.K
Carlesz
Participant

Post by Carlesz »

I did same as you, did you solve the problem?

Thanks,
Carles.

jtoledo wrote:I first installed the DataStage client version 8.1 on my PC. Then, I realized that the server is in version 8.0.1, so I proceeded to uninstall version 8.1, but the uninstall process gave me errors.

Then I installed version 8.0.1 successfully, but when I try to connect to the server I get the following error:

"DataStage Reporitory Error: Failed to create the ASB COM wrapper objects"

After I click OK in the pop-up, the connect pop-up shows, but when I submit to log in I get this error:

"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected domain"

In addition, the Multi-client Manager appears as installed to the installation process, but id does not actually exists on the PC.

Can anyone know how to correct this problem and be able to connect to the server?

Thank you