Sequence get stopped automtically

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrinivas
Participant

Sequence get stopped automtically

Post by shrinivas »

My sequnce is getting stopped after few jobs run with out any warnings . I am getting a info in my Log stating " Stop request detected for the Sequence 'SEQUENCE NAME';

After this all other jobs running in sequence are getting stopped. Really dont know what is leading this. All the jobs are simple in nature.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

If you are using STOP Stage in your sequence then please check the trigger conditions of all input links to this stage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ask - with vigour - who is issuing Stop requests (whether from Director or from dsjob command).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shrinivas
Participant

Post by shrinivas »

Hi guys ya I am using terminator stage (or Stop stage ) in the seq. and the condition for Tremination is when the dependent job fails. But no job is as such failed in my sequence . Its just sending a stop request to all the jobs in the sequence.
Pagadrai
Participant

Re: Sequence get stopped automtically

Post by Pagadrai »

Hi Shrinivas,
You need to check all the links that are leading to the Terminator stage
and one of them might have been 'Unconditional'.
Pagadrai
Participant

Re: Sequence get stopped automtically

Post by Pagadrai »

Hi, :idea:
One more thing you might want to check is if there are any routine activity stages that return value <> 0.
In sequences, you have the option in job properties whether to consider the non zero return values as error.
am guessing if there is a similar issue in your job.