List NLS project-defaults

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

List NLS project-defaults

Post by JeroenDmt »

Is there a way to make a list of the Datastage projects and the NLS-project-default for eacht project?

We have about 100 Datastage projects and want to check which project is using which NLS setting.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not easily. You could do it with a routine, or a shell script. You need to read the control record \\NLS from the DS_JOBS hashed file in each project.

Field #6 contains the default NLS map settings (server then parallel), field #7 contains the five default locale settings (server then parallel for each), and field #8 contains the default resource language setting. The first two of these are multi-valued fields, just to make life a little more awkward, and each value in field #7 contains two sub-values.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

How can I read the control record from the DS_JOBS hashed file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a hashed file, so in DataStage BASIC you can open it with OPEN, read it with READ and close it with CLOSE statements. The key to the control record is, from memory '\\NLS'.

If you want to work from an operating system command you can use UVread while attached to the project directory. Syntax in this case would be

Code: Select all

${DSHOME}/bin/UVread DS_JOBS '\\NLS'
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

I got that working. Thanks a lot!