Oracle stage gives wrong dates

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vintipa
Participant

Oracle stage gives wrong dates

Post by vintipa »

Hi experts,

i am reading a date column from an oracle table and writing it to a file.
its a very simple select query[select distinct doc_date as gdatu from VBAK_AR] i am using in the Oracle OCI stage.

But when i read the dates using Oconv function [Oconv(DSLink25.GDATU,"D/DMY[2,2,4]")] i get wrong dates which are not in the table. specifically i get dates greater than actual dates.

can u guess what can be wrong???

regards,
Vinay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There shouldn't be any need to use 'OConv' on dates coming from a select, they should be usable directly. What does the date look like before you OConv it? What data type are you using for it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi,

My job design is simple. OracleOCI --> Transformer -->Seq File.

when i do right click on OracleOCI stage and view data, then it shows dates in internal format. when i view the dates in TOAD then maximum date that i get is 12-02-2009. So i put Oconv in transformer and loaded the dates to the file. then when i see the dates int the file it shows me the date of 2012, 2016, etc.

regards,
Vinay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please show us? I want to see what "internal format" means to you. Can you also show us the SQL statement being executed by the Oracle stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You get those integer values when using Date as the data type, change it to Varchar and use TO_CHAR() with the appropriate mask in the select statement. I don't know what they are, but they're not DataStage internal values so OConv is not the right thing to use with them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi,

A sample of the output of the table view in datastage is as follows:

GDATU
---------

the query is mentioned above in the post. this is the internal format i am getting.
Vinay
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi Friends,

The issue is resolved now. i used to_char function to read the out put of the query and column datatype as varchar. this gave me the correct dates.

thanks experts. Your suggestions helped me. :)

regards,
Vinay