Unable to Create or Attach the Printer Segment" Install

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JITeam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to Create or Attach the Printer Segment" Install

Post by JITeam »

Hi,

Getting intermittent error "Unable to Create or Attach the Printer Segment" during installation of DataStage 7.5.3 Server on Windows. This is killing the install. Any idea what causes this?

I did search for "Printer Segment" but could not find any error close to this durig install process.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you installing with superuser privilege (that is, as a user who is a member of the local machine's Administrators group)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JITeam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JITeam »

Yes Ray, and the install gets to 44% and then doesn't' t move forward. Then hit the cancel button and then choose to continue the install and the error is thrown. This can move forward but it takes a couple of reboots to get it installed.
I was also looking at your post some time back at http://osdir.com/ml/db.u2.general/2004-01/msg00239.html