Cannot import server routine DS 8.0 in DS 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Strange !! While importing, you had "import all" and "perform impact analysis" selected? There is nothing else to change while importing :(

Is your project protected? :wink:
Kandy
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would suggest trying "Import selected" so you can confirm that you do indeed only have one thing (the right thing) in your export file as it will show you the contents before importing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

Sounds like this might be related to the following bug reported against 8.1:

"Clientside import fails to import server routines if server-only licence is applied. This affects the Designer and the clientside commandline inport tools, but not serverside import."

There is a client-side patch for this - the magic number is APAR JR31326. You could try asking your support provider for that.
shareeman
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by shareeman »

Does this mean it is still possible to import the server routines from the "serverside" in 8.1? If so, How?

Thanks
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

8.1 has a command that you run on the server - DSXImportService.bat or DSXImportService.sh, depending on whether it is Windows or Unix.
In C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin by default.
fede120
Participant

Post by fede120 »

Hi Guys; Can DSXImportService.sh be used also to export DS objects? (Or is it just to import them?).
Thanks!
Fede Ortiz
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

It's for import of DSX files only.

You might want to check out the new Asset Import/Export capabilities of Information Server 8.1. And the ISManager tool. These use a new format, not DSX though, as they apply to more than just DataStage artifacts. So can't handle stuff from before 8.1.
fede120
Participant

Post by fede120 »

In v8.1 there's Import / Export Manager, and also Information Server Manager. But what I need is to export DS objects from the server side (an AIX 5.3 box). I have a script that backups db2 databases xmeta + iadb, and I want it to backup DS jobs too. Do you know if there's any tool / command to do that in v8.1? Thanks!
Fede Ortiz
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

It looks like the istool export command is what you're looking for. You can run it from the AIX command line to export DataStage jobs.

Mike
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

Still I am anot able to find istool in ASBNode folder .I am using IIS version v Datastage 8.0.

Please help me this.

Thanks
Man
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not simply search for it? Use the search functionality if you are on Windows or the 'find' command from UNIX, it shouldn't be all that hard to turn it up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers