Reject handling in web service transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

Reject handling in web service transformer stage

Post by srai »

Hi All,

Does anybody has any idea how to handle reject rows in WSTransformer stage.

My job is something like this-

SQLserver database will be source to WStransformer stage and based on the input it will call WSDL operation and WSDL will update Salesforce.com internally.
Lets suppose there are 10 rows coming from source and out of which 6 are able to call WSDL and update SF.com successfully. Now there are 4 failed update. I need to store these 4 records in the Sequential file.

Could anybody help in cofiguring Reject handling in Ws Transformer stage?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The failure code (assuming that the call to sf.com worked) should be in the response body......parse out the body in a downstream transformer, and then send your logical rejects to an appropriate location.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by s_boyapati »

It is advisable to generate sequence number and use in naming convensions for file name in "appropriate location". Also extract return code from mesage body for further filtering and error handling purposes, if you have that requirement.
Sree Boyapati
Sr. ETL Architect
Certified Developer in DataStage, QualityStage, Information Analyzer.
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

eostic wrote:The failure code (assuming that the call to sf.com worked) should be in the response body......parse out the body in a downstream transformer, and then send your logical rejects to an appropriate location.

Ernie
Thanks a lot Erine.

One doubt about parsing. Do we need to use XML input stage only to parse the SOAP message to tabular form. I am getting some error with XML input stage. Is there any workaround of this available in DataStage.

Thanks
Santosh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Some error"?!!! Get serious. We charge a lot extra to read your mind.

WHAT error?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.