problem in accesing installed datastage designer/Administrat

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohanraj
Participant

problem in accesing installed datastage designer/Administrat

Post by mohanraj »

Hi all,

I have installed Datastage version 7.5X2 on my PC. I tried to log into Designer/Administator and it asked me for host name and i gave local ip address and tried to login...then i got this error

"Hostname you specified is not ........... or RPC daemon is not running"

But when i tried the same thing after connecting to network(connected to BSNL) the above credentials are working.

Can someone please help me to login to Designer/Administrator. Do i need to enable/disbale something?

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Bommalingeshwara R
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search DSXchange. You need to be connected to a network that can serve IP addresses or you need to use a loopback adapter. How to do the latter will be revealed in your search.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mr_crowley
Participant

Re: problem in accesing installed datastage designer/Adminis

Post by mr_crowley »

Host name:
localhost

you must to have your win xp account with password, and it must be an administrator account). For example, if in the welcome screen you choose the account john, and password is 123456, then, in datastage you have to put:

Host name:
localhost

user name:
john

password:

and choose your proyect.

If you your problem continue, try uninstalling your antivirus.... In my case, this was my problem
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Hi,

Even though this post is rather oldish, it has not been marked 'resolved' so I will add to what mr_crowley has said.

Simply, for this to work, you MUST be an administrator on your PC, and if you happen not to have a password on it (like in the case of my home PC), you must create it. After having this done, all will work for sure.

Regards,

Novak