Problem cleaning up old projects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem cleaning up old projects

Post by cfuller »

Hi

When trying to remove some old projects no longer needed I have run into two problems -

1) One of the projects does not appear in the list of projects within the Administrator, but the directory structure till exists on the server. I can 'LOGTO' the project on the TCL, but if I run the commands to check UV.ACCOUNT and UV_SCHEMA 0 records are returned for each command. Am I able to just delete the directory structure at the OS level, or do I need to do something else?

2) The second problem is roughly the reverse, the project directory structures do not appear at the OS level, but the projects are displayed within Administrator. When I select one of these projects I get the following message, and Administrator is terminated -
Failed to connect to DataStage server: DPLAPP1, project: SSISubD3
(Invalid account name supplied (39129))
How can I remove these projects from the list within Administrator?

Any assistance with either problem is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Chris Fuller

"Reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it"
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour?? :?
Regards
Chris Fuller

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I must've missed this when you originally posted it. I have not seen the behaviour. But it suggests that there remain entries in the XMETA database (unified metadata repository for Information Server) that refer to these projects. How did you attempt to delete the projects in the first place, and were any errors generated at that time?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

I was starting to worry that I may have offended someone and I had been 'sent to Coventry'...:shock:

By using the Admin client tool, and each project seemed to delete as expected, but leaving it in the list.
Regards
Chris Fuller

cfuller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cfuller »

Anyone have any ideas on this one??? :(
Regards
Chris Fuller

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"seemed", eh? Get in touch with your support provider, who can guide you through the use of supplied scripts for cleaning up the XMETA repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.