Invoke web services via DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

Invoke web services via DataStage

Post by srai »

Hi All,

I wanted to invoke an ALSB Web services using datastage web service client/transformer stage.

I just wanted to know whether we can simply call a web service without any input or output. Our requirement is to just invoke web service that will make updation at destination that is Saleforce.com and send email notification to users. But there will not be any input or output to/from web service.

Please help me how to implement this process.

Thanks in advance.

santosh
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It can be done, but that (the pattern of no input and no output) isn't the biggest concern. It may be possible that the service you are looking to call has (as many of the SF ones do) a pre-call required for authentication....that returns a unique id that is then passed to other services.....so you may have input to deal with anyway. Be sure to obtain the exact pattern of invocations required, and try to obtain captured examples of the SOAP envelopes used. This will help you verify header details and other pre-requisites. Once you know how complex (or not) the service invocation is, then you can determine if WSPack can easily perform the functionality, or if you should turn to something like Java, or consider purchasing the SF pack (Stages that do much of the underlying work for SF.com).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>