Jobs not compiling in production, but they do in test

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tracy
Participant

Post by tracy »

I compared the dsx. Other than date/timestamps, version numbers, PROMOTE/INIT lines, and Read Only vs Not, I don't see any differences.
tracy
Participant

Post by tracy »

1) If I change: a_a
back to: a.a
It fails/won't compile.
2) We are mostly hardcoding Invocation Ids. Some use variables, but I don't think we are as advanced as you may be indicating. We are more using a Job Parameter as an Invocation Id or the Job Name.
3) I don't think this applies to me.
tracy
Participant

Post by tracy »

I've compared the dsx and other than date/timestamps, version numbers, PROMOTE/INIT lines, and Read Only vs not, I don't see any differences.
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

ArndW wrote:Export a sample job from each environment and see if the .dsx files are identical.
I find that .dsx exports are often different between dev and other environments. I think this is because when you delete something in Designer, it sometimes leaves a fragment of the deleted link or object behind in the job definition, but if you export and import into another project, these fragments get dropped and will no longer appear in an export from the new environment.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Phil - that is a valid point regarding the exports, I have seen that as well. In that case one could re-import into development from production and see if the job still shows the same behaviour.

Tracy - did you actually run a "diff" on the config files?
tracy
Participant

Post by tracy »

ArndW, I pulled dsx's from both systems and then used the Show Differences feature in VSS which allows me to see it more visually.