DataDirect ODBC drivers version 5.0 expired after 15 days

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataDirect ODBC drivers version 5.0 expired after 15 days

Post by deahl »

Error Message:
----------------------------------
J_Stage_PS_ABS_CODE_TBL_HCM9_EPM9..DRS_SRC_PS_ABS_CODE_TBL: [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]File not found 'IVVM.LIC'.
J_Stage_PS_ABS_CODE_TBL_HCM9_EPM9..DRS_SRC_PS_ABS_CODE_TBL: [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]You are not licensed to use this DataDirect Technologies ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you wish to purchase a license for use with this application, then you may use this driver for a period of 15 days, during which time you are required to obtain a license.
----------------------------------

Can connect to Oracle 10g source and Oracle 10G target by SQL+. We were able to view data in DataStage Designer window on Friday. On Monday, which was 15 days after install of DataStage we received the error. Have a non-root install on AIX, which is per company policy, and we do not have the Oracle client installed on the server, which is also per policy. This requires us to use the DataDirect ODBC drivers to connect.

I have searched posts and researched documentation and feel its not a problem with the driver being expired may be related to the first part of the error message: File not found 'IVVM.LIC'. This file is located in the branded odbc folder but it may not be referenced correctly in DSENV.

DSENV

LIBPATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME/java/jre/bin/classic:$DSHOME/java/jre/bin:$LIBPATH
export LIBPATH
fi
ORACLE_HOME=/applications/oracle/10.2.0.3
LIBPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib:$DSHOME/lib
LIBPATH=$DSHOME/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME/java/jre/bin/classic:$DSHOME/java/jre/bin:$LIBPATH
export LIBPATH
ORACLE_SID=DMEPM
export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID

Tried both versions of DSENV with LIBPATH for AIX (we are on AIX 5.3)and with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Got same 15 day expired ODBC driver expired error for both files. We used the Data Direct utility- demoodbc, and got same error. When we used the Test ODBC utility in DataStage on page 3-38 of the Install Guide and we able to successfully connect.

The file IVVM.LIC is in the branded folder and the permissions on the file are rwxr-xr-x.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The IVVM.LIC file should be somewhere in the branded_odbc directory. Check whether anyone at your site has (re)moved it.

The drivers are authorized for use with DataStage stages, and should not expire under these circumstances. If you attempt to use them from other clients or code, then they do expire. If you haven't done that, get your official support provider to investigate/complain.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

"I'm sorry, you're free ODBC license has expired, please insert more coins." Do you have IVVM.LIC and IVODBC.LIC in your Server/branded_odbc directory (as mentioned by Ray) and are they of 2096 bytes each and are they owned by dsadm user and the dstage group with -rw-r--r-- access.
deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deahl »

Thanks for the reply, Ray and Vince. The directory only has one .LIC file in it and thats IVVM.LIC and nothing had been removed or modified. We use a PSFT OEM version of DS so I dont know if that changes the mix of .LIC files that would be present. Checked the backup of the intial install and IVVM.LIC was the only file present. The IVVM.LIC file is owned by dsadm and the group is system with -rwxr-xr-x permission. Slightly different in permissions and group, but I believe that both would still work fine.

It shouldnt expire, (these days who knows though...) and PSFT is requesting new drivers or lIC files from DataDirect. We havent used DS with any other clients or code. My fear though is that this is more about permissions on seeing the IVVM.LIC file instead of the drivers themselves. Any other ideas? In the meantime will wait on support ticket and will update after.
deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deahl »

So far nothing from Oracle support except they are requesting drivers, which I am skeptical will resolve- or maybe it will and in 15 days the same thing will happen...
suhaibl
Participant

Post by suhaibl »

deahl wrote:So far nothing from Oracle support except they are requesting drivers, which I am skeptical will resolve- or maybe it will and in 15 days the same thing will happen...
Since you have Oracle10 clint installed.Why you dont use Oracle ODBC driveres shipped with Oracle. That should work. I am a customer with Oracle support, we have AIX and HP machines and we didnt have any proplem that you have. DataStage that shipped from Oracle support is working fine with us in Production since 5 years.
deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deahl »

You misread the initial post- we do not have the Oracle client installed on the server, which is also per policy. I think its great that you all have not had problems, unfortunately we have.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You might get a better response if you go through IBM support, if you can get over the initial hurdle of proving you have a licensed product, they are more likely to have the right ODBC firewire drivers on hand. There is also the Data Direct forums however I posted a question there once and never got a response.
deahl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deahl »

Support told us to reinstall Oracle... We moved to implement the native drivers and now we are up and running with this workaround.