Phantom Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yalamanchili
Participant

Phantom Error

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi,

While running the job iam getting the Phatom error message and job is aborting. I am getting this message very frequently while running different jobs. Sometimes job is running and sometimes it is giving this error message. Any Idea on this?

Error Message:-

DataStage Job 302 Phantom 12284
Program "JOB.1416688080.DT.1495457602.TRANS1": Line 105, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage test.Transformer_0
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... not much to go on. Can you go to the RT_BP302 directory in your Project and post the lines around/including line 105 in the "*.TRANS1" file mentioned in your log message?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yalamanchili
Participant

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi Chulett,

Find the log asked by you. I had Highlighted the 105 line in Red color. Can you plese suggest me why these errors occur frequently?

WHILE NOT(ERROR)
* Primary Key derivation code for pin DSLink5
STAGECOM.PINNO = 2
IF STAGECOM.TRACE.STATS THEN CALL $PERF.BEGIN(-2)
Pin%%V0S0P4.Column%%4 = Pin%%V0S0P1.Column%%1
IF STAGECOM.TRACE.STATS THEN CALL $PERF.END(-2)
GET.Pin%%V0S0P4

STAGECOM.PINNO = 3
IF STAGECOM.TRACE.STATS THEN CALL $PERF.BEGIN(-3)
IF @TRUE THEN
* Column derivation code for pin DSLink4
Pin%%V0S0P2.Column%%3 = ('Y')
Pin%%V0S0P2.REJECTED = @FALSE
IF STAGECOM.TRACE.STATS THEN CALL $PERF.END(-3)

PUT.Pin%%V0S0P2
IF NOT(Pin%%V0S0P2.REJECTEDCODE) THEN
REJECTED = @FALSE
END ELSE
Pin%%V0S0P2.REJECTED = @TRUE
END
END
ELSE
Pin%%V0S0P2.REJECTED = @TRUE
Pin%%V0S0P2.REJECTEDCODE = 0
END
yalamanchili
Participant

Post by yalamanchili »

Hi,

Any Updates on why we get Access Violiation errors like this? I need to fiX this ASAP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because you're breaking one of the rules somewhere, for example trying to shoehorn too many characters into a field, or read a null value into a structure in which you've declared it to be non-nullable.

Go back in the code where the Get.Pin%%V0S0P4 macro is defined to see precisely what it's doing. My guess is that it's doing "get by key" function on the reference input link DSLink5 to the transformer stage.

This in turn tells you that the problem occurs somewhere in executing the SQL statement or other query in the stage that services that reference input link - that is, the stage that has DSLink5 as its output link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We don't do "urgent" or "ASAP".

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can, if they have something to contribute.

If you need urgent assistance, sign up with your support provider for premium services, and learn just how much "urgent" costs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

I think you are using the database stage in this case, if am right.... try reducing the number of lines in the custom sql query at input.

let me know if that doesn't work..

-----------------
MKR

"Sharing skills improve knowledge, not by selling..."