How to Rebuild repository index using DS.REINDEX ALL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mekrreddy
Participant

How to Rebuild repository index using DS.REINDEX ALL

Post by mekrreddy »

Does anyone know how to rebuild the repository index by executing the DS.REINDEX ALL command from the Datastage shell? I do not have admin access

I get error while running the job which is moved from dev environment to test environment, which says "Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project (The connection is broken (81002))".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

By "I don't have admin access" do you mean that you do not have the Administrator client installed or that you do not have a login that is credentialled as a DataStage administrator?

You can open the Administrator client even though you are not a DataStage administrator, and the Command window is available to execute commands that do not require this authority. DS.REINDEX is one such command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

I do not have login credentials as admin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't need them for this - all you need is exclusive (and I do mean exclusive) access to the Project in question to run the command.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You would benefit by reading my entire post.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c per day. It is one of the ways that DSXchange is funded.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Thank you Ray, got it.