Implementing scd-1 and scd-2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sureshchandra
Participant

Implementing scd-1 and scd-2

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi all,
My source is DB2,Which is mirrored into oracle by using Data mirror.For our source DB2 we are not having keys.That is the reason we mirrored into oracle.Now we are having both surrogate key as well as natural key.By using this keys we have to do scd-1 and scd-2 for all the tables.And we have to capture all the changes in the target table.
For example: for 1st table---scd-1,2nd table---scd-2 and 3rd table scd-2. we have to extract all these three tables in a unique target table with changes. we have to capture all the changes happen in the source tables.So is it possible with datastage server edition?If it is yes,please help me how to do?

Thanks in advance
Sathishkumarins
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Implementing scd-1 and scd-2

Post by Sathishkumarins »

Yes Of course. You can develop a scd 1 and scd 2 in server edition.
Using OCI stage you have to deveop a source view and a deleted view(Which is target minus source in order to get deleted records).

You have to add indicator flag which says whether it is current record or updated or deleted. And obviously you have run that job in incremental for capturing history....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you Search DSXchange?

You can also take IBM's Advanced DataStage (server edition) class, which explains the process in detail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.