Hash building job running longer than normal

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh_color
Participant

Hash building job running longer than normal

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi All,

We have three hash building jobs in our project which is running longer than normal..some day it will run 3 hours and some days it will run 8 hours.

1.PatternHash-(No.of Rec:18330189)
2.Slinhash-(No.of Rec:18300807)
3.UpcHash-(No.of Rec:6631328)

All the above jobs are creating new hash file everyday(Delete before create) as 64 BIT hashed files.

The first job usually runs 2 hours, but it ran 8 hours of the same amount of records in odd days.The same will be applicable to the other two jobs.

We thought all the jobs having the resource contention problem while running in parallel..so we set the predecessor for the jobs. So the above three jobs will run one by one. But no luck on the performance.

Is there any possible way to increase the hash building job performance? kindly suggest you thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Search for static hash files and hash utility.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's changed? In particular, what else is now happening on the server machine?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
satheesh_color
Participant

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi Ray,

Yesterday the same job runs within 3 hours time..but today it still running more than 7 hours..Still unknown about the issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clearly something has changed. Time for your Sherlock Holmes impersonation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
satheesh_color
Participant

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi Ray,

I suspect there would be the space issue.I just checked my /Dstage mount point it is 85 % occupied. I am not sure what needs to be cleared on that.Engaged the infrastructure team on this issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh