DS Internal error on W2003: 39202

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arturor
Participant

DS Internal error on W2003: 39202

Post by arturor »

Hello:

I need some help about DS Server installed on W2003 Server. I can only access to DS server from a DS Client (on W2K Professional) using an user with administrator role. With other user, without this role, and with modified access to DS Server install directory and log-on permission over this W2003 server, DS client gives this error message: Internal Error (39202).

I think that is a windows permission problem, but I can't resolve it.

Could Somebody help me with this question?

Thank you in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search is your friend as most questions have been asked before. :wink:

For example, this thread, while covering other topics should also provide some help for your error message. There were others, so if this fails to help try searching for "39202" again... and if after that you're still stumped - come back, let us know what you've tried and we'll go from there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Internal Error (39202) on windows

Post by via »

chulett wrote:Search is your friend as most questions have been asked before. :wink:

For example, this thread, while covering other topics should also provide some help for your error message. There were others, so if this fails to help try searching for "39202" again... and if after that you're still stumped - come back, let us know what you've tried and we'll go from there.
I did a search on 39202 and all post are on UNIX and not windows. Any one has any idea of what is causing this problem on windows environment.

I am not able to login to either designer/director/manager or administrator. Every things was working fine and all of a sudden Internal Error (39202).

Any help please...
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The 39xxx error codes are platform-independent.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

ray.wurlod wrote:The 39xxx error codes are platform-independent.
Ray,
If these errors are platform-independent, and looking at some of the UNIX platform solutions in other forums, what is that we have to change in the project directory access in windows envi?
Project directory has full access to every one; even admin user id's which has full access are not able to log in.
Is there some specific file that we should be looking for?
Telnet to the server is not pinging back; is this some thing to worry about in the first place?
I started all the possible services manually. Unfortunately this a production server :(
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Via
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You also need to check permissions on the engine directories and all their parent and sub-directories. And even then the issue may not be one of permissions. Is the DataStage RPC daemon (service) running? Are you using local user IDs, or domain or LDAP based user IDs? Can you connect with the Omit check box selected?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

ray.wurlod wrote:You also need to check permissions on the engine directories and all their parent and sub-directories. And even then the issue may not be one of permissions. Is the DataStage RPC daemon (service) running? Are you using local user IDs, or domain or LDAP based user IDs? Can you connect with the Omit check box selected?
Thank you Ray,
All the engine folders and project folders are having full access to admins. DSRPC service is up and running.
User id's are local and has admin roles.
selection of Omit check box gives 'host not responding 81011' error.
Not sure if there was any security patch applied to the windows and that is causing this :(
Via
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

via wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote: Thank you Ray,
All the engine folders and project folders are having full access to admins. DSRPC service is up and running.
User id's are local and has admin roles.
selection of Omit check box gives 'host not responding 81011' error.
Not sure if there was any security patch applied to the windows and that is causing this :(
No security path applied to windows. Unable to connect to Production box :?
Via
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The next thing to check is the firewall. Is port number 31538 open? This is the one needed for dsrpcd - the one on which it listens for inbound connection requests.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

ray.wurlod wrote:The next thing to check is the firewall. Is port number 31538 open? This is the one needed for dsrpcd - the one on which it listens for inbound connection requests.
Ray,
We checked port 31538; and is open.
Via