can we compare two CSV files in datastage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

qutesanju
Participant

can we compare two CSV files in datastage?

Post by qutesanju »

can anybody tell how to compare two CSV files using datastage components i need job design for the same
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Define 'compare'.

- Row by row
- Size
- by Key
- any other method
qutesanju
Participant

Post by qutesanju »

where is this somparison option
in transformer itself?
Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Define 'compare'.

- Row by row
- Size
- by Key
- any other method
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

No. I am asking you on how you want to compare.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

look at the data and identify the uniquenes and compare on the key column which are present in both the files
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

Nagaraj wrote:look at the data and identify the uniquenes and compare on the key column which are present in both the files
I understand you want to compare data in two sequential files and determine rows that exist in one with rows in the other by comparing values in a key column or columns in each sequential file. You can do this by reading one sequential file into a hash file and then processing the second sequential file against the hash file checking the key column values.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

Nagaraj wrote:look at the data and identify the uniquenes and compare on the key column which are present in both the files
I understand you want to compare data in two sequential files and determine rows that exist in one with rows in the other by comparing values in a key column or columns in each sequential file. You can do this by reading one sequential file into a hash file and then processing the second sequential file against the hash file checking the key column values.