Need to retrieve job file names from a routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poorna.ds
Participant

Need to retrieve job file names from a routine

Post by poorna.ds »

I am creating a routine in server jobs which does the auditing of a particular job. It lists the start time, end time, row count etc. Now the problem is I need to get the source file name and target file name that I am passing in the respective source and target stages. I am able to get the stage names but not the files names in it. Can anybody help me out with this problem.

Thanks in advance

**Note: Subject changed to be more descriptive - Content Editor **
mk_ds09
Participant

Post by mk_ds09 »

If the file names are parameterized then there is one way to find it out by using the dsgetparaminfo !
-----------------------------------
Regards
MK

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

-----------------------------------
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or just use the parameters in the routine call. However, I'm assuming it's not as simple as that and the file names are hardcoded, yes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
poorna.ds
Participant

Post by poorna.ds »

chulett wrote:... or just use the parameters in the routine call. However, I'm assuming it's not as simple as that and the file names are hardcoded, yes? ...

That's true. The source file name are hard coded. We thought of parameterizing but that will not be a better approach. Is there any other way we can get the source file names and the target file names?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need to query the repository then. Search the forums for CSeqInput or OLETYPE to find several examples of what you'll need to do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers