Need to load sequential files to Oracle database daily.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Virupan
Participant

Need to load sequential files to Oracle database daily.

Post by Virupan »

Hi All,

I have to load one dat file to oracle table on a daily basis.The filename is having the timestamp in it.I have to create a job sequence to automate the process of loading each file to oracle table on a daily basis.I have a column as 'AHM_file_name' in the target table which I am hardcoding while loading a file individually.I want to automate the process of loading completely with each day file name with timestamp captured in the column mentioned.

Thanks
Virupan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

There are many possible solutions, but probably the easiest is one that moves the file to a different directory once that file has been processed. Then you can simply grab "the" file in its directory. Use an ls command to get the file name.

Otherwise you can generate the timestamp part of the file name, and therefore the entire file name, perhaps in a User Variables activity.

Search DSXchange for examples of these techniques.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a webinar available at the DSXchange Learning Center dealing with handling files from DataStage job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.