Attach zip files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Elozm
Participant

Attach zip files

Post by Elozm »

Hello dsxchangers

I have this problem:

In a sequence i need to send a mail with a zip file attached, to do this i use a notification activity stage; when the zip file contains a big number of files, the zip never arrives; maybe is not a DS problem because in the log file the communication with the SMTP server is ok as if the file had been sent. To test this i have done this:

1.- I have sent a mail from outlook from the DS server with the same zip file, it arrived ok.
2.- I have created a simple job, only notification activity, to send the zip; it didn't arrive in this way.

Do you know if i have to declare something in DS or most probably in the SMTP server to catch the zip file with certain number of files zipped?

Thanks for your help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's nothing special I'm aware of that you need to do. Can you check with whomever administers your server / email, see what they think?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OutLook is different. Try using an SMTP mail client from Windows. Ideally try using the same one that DataStage is using, and switch on any tracing that may be available with it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Elozm
Participant

Post by Elozm »

Thanks for your answers.

I will check as you suggest to post the results.

:wink: