Audit routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shahidbakshi
Participant

Audit routines

Post by shahidbakshi »

Hi All,
Can anybody suggest me how to fetch stage names and link names which are named like source and target in job designs. Actually writing a routine to extract job information(job audit ) which dynamically searches for the source and target stages and get's the link row count pertaining to the stage.

Ex :
Sources Stages : abc_src, bb_src------------2 source stages
Source links: abc_srclink ,bb_src_lnk --------2 links (need to get rowcounts for these links only)

SImilarly for Target stages and links and get the record counts.

I am using DSGetLinkInfo function . For this i need to hardcode stages and links for which we need to modify each and every job.

src_cnt = DSGetLinkInfo(JobHandle, srcstg,srclnk , DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT)
tgt1_cnt = DSGetLinkInfo(JobHandle, tgtstg1,tgtlnk1 , DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT)

Any suggestions or ideas would be of great help to me . Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Shahid
Shahid.Bakshi
Mumbai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A source link will be an output link, and therefore have "Out" as part of its OLETYPE in its record in the DS_JOBOBJECTS table.

Once you have the record for the link, the key to the corresponding stage can be obtained by removing the Pnn part of the key to the link record. For example if the key to the link record is J\412\V0S2P2 then the key to the corresponding stage is J\412\V0S2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

Assuming what you want to do is find the names of all links of all stages in a job, and can then use pattern-matching on the link names to decide which ones to call via DSGetLinkInfo - e.g. ending in "_src" or "_tgt" or somthing like that:-

DSGetJobInfo(JobHandle,DSJ.FULLSTAGELIST ) returns a comma-separated list of stage names for the job you have attached to.

Then DSGetStageInfo(JobHandle, StageName, DSJ.LINKLIST) returns a comma-separated list of link names for a given stage name extracted from the stage list - e,g, via the Field() function.
shahidbakshi
Participant

Post by shahidbakshi »

"can then use pattern-matching on the link names to decide which ones to call via DSGetLinkInfo - e.g. ending in "_src" or "_tgt" or somthing like that:-"

Please could you suggest how to perform pattern matching on the links.

Thanks in advance
Shahid.Bakshi
Mumbai
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

Have a look at the MatchField() function or the Matches operator in the BASIC Reference Guide.

Note that this uses different pattern syntax from what you may be used to - it is not the same as "regular expressions" you find in C etc.

Something like

Code: Select all

If string Matches "0X'src'" Then 
will return true if the string ends with the letters 'src'.
shahidbakshi
Participant

Post by shahidbakshi »

Thanks a lot for the kind information.

Regards
Shahid
Shahid.Bakshi
Mumbai