Jobs running after resetting being done

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs running after resetting being done

Post by sujaoschin »

I am having 5 jobs which run sequentially namely validate, default, transform, lookup and load. From Validate to lookup, all the jobs ran successfully and while load job was running it throws an 'fatal warning' of below:-

'Unable to find SoftwareResourceLocator start point'.

I reset/stop the load job many times. But still it is in Running mode. Please let me know how to stop this job?
Sujatha K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not clear what you're asking. By "mode" do you mean status? What it the status of each of the underlying five jobs? How are the job sequence compilation options set?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Sequencer of my job 'A" runs Validate, default, transform, look up and load job sequentially. When I check the status of the jobs in Datastage Director, for the first four jobs - the Status is Finished. But the Load job, in Director is in 'Running' status without coming to an end.

I resetted the Load job using the option available in DS Director and 'Stop' menu in Ds Director. But it is still in running- status in DS Director. Any command needs to be provided to change the status of load job from 'Running ' to 'Stop' or 'Reset' mode? Please advise.
Sujatha K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Clear Status File option from Director for the Load job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Thanks, Ray. I did as you said and it worked.
Sujatha K
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure you understand that will reset the status to show the job is not running even if it is. That's why it asks you twice "Are you sure?".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers