using shared container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSbox61
Premium Member
Premium Member

using shared container

Post by DSbox61 »

Hi,

I have a job (Job A) in which a huge query fetches data from a database thru a db2 stage then transforms and sends transformed data to an xml. Now, i have a requirement (Job B) to get all the data that was in earlier job plus a lot more i need to fetch from the db2 database.

I was planning to make use of Job A. Probably, use the db2 stage into a shared container and use that in both Job A and Job B. Is that something achievable through shared container? I've been trying for it but not sure how to get that done. My idea is to run the query on db2 only once and make the data available for both the jobs.

Please suggest me.

Regards,
Reyaz
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. A shared container is just a chunk of reusable code / job design and won't faciliate the sharing that you need. Can't you have the first job 'land' the data such that the second job could leverage it without having to redo all the work?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSbox61
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSbox61 »

Yes, Craig. That was my other option --- to create a sequential file in first job and make use of that in second job as look-up file.

Thanks for the clarification on shared container.