not able to open oci stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

not able to open oci stage

Post by dnat »

Hi

I am not able to open the oci stage in server jobs(in parallel jobs it is fine)..so wierd..when i double click on that stage, it just highlights that stage and nothings happens after that. then i am not able to use the designer window and then just hangs.

i am having this problem only for my windows login. it works fine with others login. i tried in some other machine also with my login id and the same problem exists.

i have uninstalled and re-installed datastage even after clearing the registries, but nothing works.

can anyone pls help me.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like you've already tried everything we could suggest, time to ask your official support provider for help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sathishkumarins
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sathishkumarins »

Hi,

Just try copying the installed files from a system where this OCI stage function is working properly and paste it into yours ie., files in C:\Program files\ Ascential\ Datastage 7.5.1 but don't re - install.

Even i faced this issue and got rectified this way.
LenGreenwood
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by LenGreenwood »

It's possible the stage GUI is opening up off-screen, so that you can't see it - and that's why the Designer appears to hang, as it's waiting for you to do something on the modal dialog you can't access. If that's the case, you can prove it by pressing the ESC key, and see if that makes the Designer come back to life (because ESC will have cancelled the OCI stage dialog even though it isn't visible).

This usually happens because registry settings for screen coordinates are somehow set up wrongly. I notice you say you cleared out your registry keys - but if the above does seem to be the problem, then somewhere in the registry there will be some entries that you've missed. If it seems to happen only for you login id, it may be under HKEY_CURRENT_USER somewhere.
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

Than you so much LenGreenwood..it worked. i just pressed the ESC key and tried opening the oci stage again and it opened without any issues. i never had to change anything else..i have been having this issue for a while and trying to catch hold of my service provider as it is a long process..

thanks a lot. :D
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Old dog? Meet new trick. :wink:

Need to file this one away for future reference.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's what the Favorites folder is for.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I know, but there's so much stuff in there I need a 'Search Favorites' option to find anything ever again. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Pressing Esc is good. I've always uncovered modal dialog box that doesn't have focus by minimizing all other windows. Sometimes you can be lucky and it will have an icon in the task bar, but this is never guaranteed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.