Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command (Failed to s

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command (Failed to s

Post by JeroenDmt »

We are trying to import a dsx-file in another environment. This is the first project we're rolling out in Datastage 8.
When importing the dsx-file we are getting a whole series of error messages like

Code: Select all

Error while creating job <jobname>
Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command (Failed to set file's NLS map. )
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The dsx file seems to be okay. I can import it in a new project in the Development environment without any problem.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It looks like your development project was NLS enabled, but the one you are importing to is not.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

Arnd,

how can I check that?
(The one we're importing is supposed to be NLS enabled too)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would think that information would be up in the 'top' of the .dsx file.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

I know the dsx file (development environment) is NLS enabled.

I want to check though if the other environment is installed as NLS enabled as well. How can I find out if an environment is NLS enabled?

I assume it would be an installation problem for the whole environment and not just this one project?

(I don't have access to the other environment myself, so I have to be able to tell what to check for, but I don't know what to look for).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should be able to check via the Administrator - there is an NLS button on the main General tab. If it is enabled, NLS is, and vice versa. This is in earlier versions, not positive how it all looks in 8.x or if there is a "better" place to check as I don't have access to that version.
-craig

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

chulett wrote:You should be able to check via the Administrator - there is an NLS button on the main General tab. If it is enabled, NLS is, and vice versa. This is in earlier versions, not positive how it all looks in 8.x or if there is a "better" place to check as I don't have access to that version.
Can anybody else say something about that?
When I check administrator in the Development environment, the NLS button is enabled for the suit administrator (dst_adm), but not for another user that also has all administrative permissions set up in the webconsole.
I'm lost now. Do you need to enable NLS per user? :roll:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, it's not per user but rather project wide. And should have mentioned that you need to check as the 'administrator' user, typically 'dsadm'. So the fact that it is enabled for the administrator shows that NLS is enabled in the project. And you can click on the button to see the currect mapping.

I'm sure there's a query you could run to check as well, seem to recall Ray posting it here once upon a time, but don't have it off the top of my head.
-craig

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

Do you have any idea how much posts show up when you search for Ray as author and NLS in the text of the message? :lol:

I found it though:

Code: Select all

$DSHOME/bin/analyze.shm -t0 | grep NLSMODE
Then one more question:
In the development environment I see the NLS button in administrator enabled for dst_adm (I guess that's how they called dsadm here).
It's not enabled for another user that is set up as administrator though. Do you know how to enable it for other administrators?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe that you can, but happy to be proven wrong.
-craig

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

I'd be happy if someone can tell me how to enable it for the other administrator user :?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe it's possible. DataStage NLS only recognizes one administrator user at a time, set by the current impersonation mode. This is the user who can start DataStage server. (It's different on Windows, but isn't everything?)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

The administrator user can set NLS indeed.
We have another user set up with all administrative rights (through the web console) that is bound to another operator user (through user credentials in the webconsole). This user seems to be able to do anything except for changing the NLS settings for a project. Is this simply not possible or what permissions would this user be missing?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's not the point. The NLS administrator is the user ID that started DataStage (and therefore owns the NLS shared memory segment).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

Ray,

Does that mean that the NLS administrator is the only user that can change the NLS settings for a project?