DataStage PX Log File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fareeda_b
Participant

DataStage PX Log File

Post by fareeda_b »

hi all,

I came to know from the log file that one of the Data Stage PX jobs is in Finished (see Log) status. When I opened the log entries, I could see that Fatal Messages are being displayed along with the Successful completion of the job status in the same log file.

Is it possible to have a log with successful completion message when you have Fatal warnings message?

Thanks in advance
fareeda
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would certainly be possible if the log contains the records for multiple runs of the job. Does yours? Or is everything from a single run?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And yes in any case. While what you say (that a fatal error means that the job must finish with Aborted status) is true for server jobs, it is not true for parallel jobs. You need to inspect the "fatal" messages more carefully, having particular regard to the node and operator that generated them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.