DBF Files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

DBF Files

Post by DeepakCorning »

I am trying to extract data from 4 DBF Files (FoxPro) an dload them in 4 different tables.
I have configured an ODBC Connection through ODBC Admin and then trying to read data from the ODBC Stage in Datastage. But when I am trying to import the table definitions from the files I see only three tables available in those files but should be 4.

I tried importing them in Access but same problem occurs. Somehow the system is recognizing only 3 out of 4 files and the 4th file is not at all taken in cnsideration.

Although this issue is not completely related to Datastage but still any one of you guys have faced this issue before?? What can be the possible reasons??

Thanks !!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could one of the table names be invalid for ODBC (i.e. contains unmappable characters or be a keyword)? What is the name and DDL for the "bad" table?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the missing table have a space or other special character in its name?

Have you tried checking the "include system tables" box?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

The Name is "quotegen.DBF". no Spaces or quotes or anything in it.

Tried checking out that box but still shows only three tables in it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could it be privileges assigned in FoxPro?

Since you get the same symptoms from Access and DataStage, it's clearly not a problem within DataStage.

Is there some other ODBC driver for FoxPro that you might try?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Let me check with the Privilages...

I doubt it anything to do with the driver as all the files are from the same version of the FoxProd DB....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yeah, and you can't see this table with any of them! Hence my question. You might also check the O/S permissions on the DBF file itself.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Ray , I checked this out and the privilages are fine. The OS as well as FoxPro. Let me do a quick compare of the files by opening them in Excel and see if I find something unusual.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Ok , I got a feed back frm the guys who manage these tables and the only difference in the table which is not getting detected is "Variable Length Fields". What I mean to say is the table has few columns which are of variable length where as in other three tables the columns are of fixed length. So i was wondering does that make a difference in connecting to the table ??
dinakaran_s
Participant

Post by dinakaran_s »

DeepakCorning wrote:Ok , I got a feed back frm the guys who manage these tables and the only difference in the table which is not getting detected is "Variable Length Fields". What I mean to say is the table has few columns which are of variable length where as in other three tables the columns are of fixed length. So i was wondering does that make a difference in connecting to the table ??

HI, i have quick question one Foxpro. I am trying to access the two different DBF with different ODBC connection, but Only one connection is fecting the data. The other connection is still waiting for the first connection to complete. This seems to me that ODBC driver dosen't support parallel access. Can anyone please help to fix this problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

New question - new thread please. We don't hijack threads.