Copy jobs from one project to another project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy jobs from one project to another project

Post by sujaoschin »

Hi,
I have created a new project 'B' in the same Unix box where project 'A' exists. I need to copy all the jobs, parameter set, routines from project A to B.

When I tried export the jobs of project A using 'Datastage components' it took nearly one day for exporting everything. Is there any easiest method to do it, as my export is taking long time.

When I searched in the forum I came across the words like 'package installer' and 'version control'. Can you please explain me on this so that I can export and import jobs from one project to another within less time.
Sujatha K
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no idea why it would take so long to export, but then I haven't had the pleasure of making 8.x's acquaintance.

Both the Package Installer and Version Control have been deprecated so not really worth explaining either one.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

One of the export options is to automatically include dependent objects for all selected objects. Determining those dependent objects seems to take a very long time. If you're exporting the whole project anyway, make sure to uncheck that option.

Mike
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Yes. You are correct, Mike. If I didn't include the dependent items, it is taking only very less time.

But is it correct 'not select the include dependent items' when we are going to reuse the parameter set, routines created in project 'A' to project 'B".
Sujatha K
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Just explicitly select all of your parameter sets and routines from project 'A' and include them in the export file.

Mike
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Thanks, Mike.
Sujatha K