Unable to open multiple clients concurrently

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Unable to open multiple clients concurrently

Post by roblew »

Hi all,

I'm encountering an error when attempting to open multiple clients concurrently (i.e. Designer, Director, Administrator). I am able to login to each of them individually. I get the same error whether I double click the program shortcut or use the single sign on functionality from within either Designer/Director to open the other tool. The error is consistent (happens every single time we try). So, for now we can only login to one of the clients at a time.

The error encountered is:

Code: Select all

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
Failed to initialize the ORB
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Failed to initialize the ORB
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:584)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.loginImpl(JAASAuthenticationService.java:321)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.login(JAASAuthenticationService.java:160)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLoginImpl(AuthenticationService.java:879)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLogin(AuthenticationService.java:365)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to initialize the ORB [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: CREATE_LISTENER_FAILED_4  vmcid: 0x49421000  minor code: 56  completed: No]
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.getOrb(Helpers.java:314)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContextInternal(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:383)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContext(WsnInitCtx.java:113)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContextIfNull(WsnInitCtx.java:428)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:144)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:363)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:541)
	... 4 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: CREATE_LISTENER_FAILED_4  vmcid: 0x49421000  minor code: 56  completed: No
	at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport.createListener(WSTransport.java:734)
	at com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport.initTransports(WSTransport.java:606)
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.TransportManager.initTransports(TransportManager.java:150)
	at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1212)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1663)
	at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:364)
	at com.ibm.ws.orb.GlobalORBFactory.init(GlobalORBFactory.java:85)
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORBImpl.initializeORB(EJSORBImpl.java:174)
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:97)
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSClientORBImpl.<init>(EJSClientORBImpl.java:73)
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.EJSORB.init(EJSORB.java:386)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.getOrb(Helpers.java:305)
	... 10 more
We have LDAP configured, and the only "non-standard" configuration for our environment is specifying the Listener port on the client via the ../ASBNode/conf/proxy.xml file (per IBM's instructions). This was done because we are required to run a Windows firewall on our clients, but we've specified a particular port for DataStage client to use. I'm not sure this has anything to do with the problem described above, since the error occurs with or without the client firewall turned on.

Anyone have any thoughts to why we're having this issue? I'm wondering, "What is the ORB?"...

Thanks in advance,
Rob