Co0mpilation in DS 7.5.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gpbarsky
Participant

Co0mpilation in DS 7.5.2

Post by gpbarsky »

Hi, there.....

I am compiling jobs with dscc.exe command line, but I get an error message when I run the command. The message says something like the logon is invalid, but this is not the real error.

Is there a known fix for the command line dscc.exe in DS 7.5.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

:)
Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

Can you paste what command you are issuing and the error that you get? Also does compilation succeed when you compile it using Designer or Manager?
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

The command is:
E:\Progra~1\Ascential\DataStage7.5.2\dscc /H server-name /U xxx /P xxxxxxx project-name /J ETLSAP\*

This is for compiling category ETLSAP, in propject project-name. User xxxx, pwd xxxxxxx. This is running in server server-name where is installed DS7.5.2.

I connected remote to the server (server-name), and from within I executed the command, and it worked fine. But when I invoke the command from within a job, it fails.
Last edited by gpbarsky on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

gpbarsky wrote:But when I invoke the command from within a job, it fails.
Ok, now you get to explain what this means. What does "within a job" mean, exactly? Can you post the actual error/failure message(s)?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers