Unable to connect to the server from client

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

baglasumit21
Participant

Unable to connect to the server from client

Post by baglasumit21 »

I have installed datastage client on my machine. When I am trying to connect to datastage server i am getting the below waring. Can anyone let me know what I should do to be able to connect to the server.

"Failed to connect to host: 10.1.3.89, project: UV

Invalid UniVerse mark characters have been sent from the server. Code page 874 may not support these characters, or you may need to install DataStage NLS."

I am able to connect to the server remotly and login to it. but I am unable to connect it through the datastage client.

Thanks in advance
SMB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is NLS enabled? You are using a code page on your Windows client that does not correspond to that used on the DataStage server. Try setting each to 1252 and working from there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
baglasumit21
Participant

Post by baglasumit21 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is NLS enabled? You are using a code page on your Windows client that does not correspond to that used on the DataStage server. Try setting each to 1252 and working from there. ...
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where to do this setting. and where to check if the NLS is enabled
SMB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Control Panel

Regional and Language Options (or something similar).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
andy心&#262
Participant

Post by andy心&#262 »

change your client PC regional language the same as the datastage server language.

Or install NLS on your Datastage server.