Missing Folder

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Missing Folder

Post by boligoma »

Hi,

We have a missing job folder in the project, I don't if somebody accidentally deleted it or if the information is still in the server and we it doesn't appear in the Director (I'm guessing here).

We are having several performance problems with the entire project, the security deparment told us that is a network problem.

Can I see a log of the deleted jobs/folders in my project?, if yes, how can I do it?

Thanks,
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't know for sure whether this will work in version 8, but it's worth trying.

Code: Select all

SELECT INSTANCE, PREVDTD, PREVDELETOR FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE PREVDTD LIKE '2...' AND CLASS = '2';
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Thank you Ray,

It appears that version 8 doesn't use the PREVDTD field at all, I deleted a job and then created with the same name and the result of looking up that name in the INSTANCE field returned a "created on" this day, but nothing in the "Last deleted on".

Is there another table where I can find the deleted jobs? I'm new in looking up at the metadata.

Thanks,
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PREVDTD is present only for deleted and not re-created objects.

Doubtless there is somewhere in the XMETA repository where this information is also kept, but I have not yet had the opportunity to analyze where this might be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.