Constrain

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris_daredevil
Participant

Constrain

Post by kris_daredevil »

Hi All,
i have a constrain in the transformer which allows only the values like "ABC" from a column.(e.x user_defined_routine(dslink.col1) ="ABC") no reject link is present. this was working fine. when i moved the job to test server i changed the input link name from "dslink" to "cd_input_link" and forgot to change it in the constrain.now the problem is that it is not showing error.it is compiling good witout any errors and running fine.but my table is getting updated with current datetimestamp for all the rows.which it is not suppose to happen it has to update only the records that have value of "ABC" from input col.am not able to understand how it is still working even though the link is not defined anywhere in the job. can u guys please throw some light on this and help me understand where it is going wrong..

Thanks
kris
KRIS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did the link name in the constraint expression get updated automatically? This does occur for output column derivations; I can not check right now whether it happens in constraint expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It should have been changed automatically and if it hadn't it wouldn't compile, so more than likely something else is going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris_daredevil
Participant

Post by kris_daredevil »

chulett wrote:It should have been changed automatically and if it hadn't it wouldn't compile, so more than likely something else is going on. ...
No the link name in the constrain remained the same it did not change.. but still the job is able to compile and run...it still shows that there is an error when i click on the constrain and if i tell it to accept it accepts it and able to compile and run.

kris
KRIS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mine sure won't behave in that manner. What exact 7.x version do you have? :?
-craig

kris_daredevil
Participant

Post by kris_daredevil »

chulett wrote:Mine sure won't behave in that manner. What exact 7.x version do you have? :? ...
7.5.2 i sent the data to a seq file with wrong constrain(link deleted) and other file with the correct constrain (updating with new changed link name) this is behaving correctly the other one is not, it is updating every row that it is reading from the input. can i assume that even though the datastage is saying that the link is not present and i made it to accept it, it is ignoring it (constrain).
KRIS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm running 7.5.1A. Smells like a 7.5.2 bug and maybe something they fixed in 7.5.3, but you'd have to ask IBM that to find out.
-craig

kris_daredevil
Participant

Post by kris_daredevil »

chulett wrote:I'm running 7.5.1A. Smells like a 7.5.2 bug and maybe something they fixed in 7.5.3, but you'd have to ask IBM that to find out. ...
Thank you chulet.. i will.. :D
KRIS
kris_daredevil
Participant

Post by kris_daredevil »

chulett wrote:I'm running 7.5.1A. Smells like a 7.5.2 bug and maybe something they fixed in 7.5.3, but you'd have to ask IBM that to find out. ...
Thank you chulet.. i will.. :D
KRIS