French Characters are not converted correctlly in Oracle tbl

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How are you looking at the data (hint: don't use "view data"). What is your source file NLS setting, your project default NLS setting and what is your Oracle NLS setting.
harshkohli
Participant

Post by harshkohli »

I looked at data in the input file from Unix (vi) as well as from view data from DataSatge and the french characters are displayed correctly. The input file as well as the output file has the default project NLS settings which is ISO8859-1. The Oracle's NLS setting is WE8ISO8859P1.

I tried changing the NLS setting of the output Oracle table in DataStage to the following but none of them work :

UTF8
EBCDIC=037
ISO8859-1+MARKS
ISO8859-1-CS
ISO8859-15-CS
MNEMONICS
Harsh Kohli
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try ISO8859-1 as your DataStage NLS map.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stevenzhangshen »

Please check the NLS_LANG variable value in your DataStage Server machine, and add DataStage environment variable in that job.
harshkohli
Participant

Post by harshkohli »

We added a new environmental variable NLS_LANG with value : AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 at the project level for each project and the issue is fixed.
Harsh Kohli
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stevenzhangshen »

harshkohli wrote:We added a new environmental variable NLS_LANG with value : AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 at the project level for each project and the issue is fixed.

OK.