Disaster Recovery

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devilsmentor
Participant

Disaster Recovery

Post by devilsmentor »

Hi,
This is the first time I am working on a DR project. We are doing the sync up ourselves as there is no SA help. The disk space is 8 GB currently and the sync up is only for unix part. I am doing SCP from our production box and it takes 6 hours to complete it. I cannot move files based on delta as our design restricts us from doing that, it will mess up the functionality of the code. I have few questions where I need some help

1. Should I copy DSEngine directory to DR server, reason for asking this is, we use SDK sequence files and I assume they are in DSEngine at run time.

2. Whats the fastest way to copy the whole 8 GB of disk to DR server ?

Appreciate your comments and suggestions on this issue. Thanks
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Unless your server name is the same name as the one you are replacing then you may have issues. The server name is buried down in these files. You need to reinstall DataStage. You should design your DR recovery around full export and imports. SDK sequences should have a job which can rebuild them. It is always poor practice to use hashed files as permanent storage. SDK sequences are stored in hashed files. We had a simple job which would run before each load to always rebuild these from the target.

Select max(#TargetColumn#) From #TargetSchema#.#TargetTable#

Is how you can parameterize this job. Look in the routine code to get the hashed file name for SDK sequences. I think this job can be downloaded from my web site tips and tricks page. If not then I can add it. Simple job. You should be able to build it yourself.
Mamu Kim
devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

Well I copied the DSEngine and my server names are not the same. So I guess that is the reason DS client is not letting me in and throwing me the error below

Failed to connect to host: <server name>, project: <PROJECT NAME>
(Internal Error (39202))