Fail to connect using the client

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aramachandra
Participant

Fail to connect using the client

Post by aramachandra »

Hi All

We just installed the Fix Pack 1a for version 8.0.1 on the AIX host.

The process jobmon and dsrpcd are up an running and we can CONNECT in the unix host using our dsadm user id but the client is telling the username and password is not valid.

Information Analyzer was able to recognize and logged in but all datastage components give me this error message

Does one have to reboot the client. or If anyone else has encountered this before please let me know

Thanks
Arvind
aramachandra
Participant

Post by aramachandra »

Reboot of the client is rulled out as it did not help and we get the same message

Also I know it recognizes the user name as it gives a drop down list of projects but when I pick a project it gives me the connect 80011 error saying either username or password is invalid

Is this something to do with the websphere registry integration

arvind
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Your "dsadm" can access the Unix box, but that doesn't mean you can use that ID to access the server via the desinger. What you must do first is loggin the Information Server web page using either "appadmin" or "wsadmin" ID to create an user, e.g., arvind, and assign role. Then, go to the Domain Management to do the Map User Credential and the Assign User Credential for the user arvind.
aramachandra
Participant

Post by aramachandra »

Thanks for the reply

All that mentioned by the previous poster was already been addressed

What happened was the check to share the information registry and datastage server had to be unchecked. as shown below

But more importantly the unix person restarted the engines as dsadm instead of the root account

Once he unchecked the box and restarted the engines as root account it worked just great

Thanks for the ideas anyways
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

aramachandra wrote: What happened was the check to share the information registry and datastage server had to be unchecked. as shown below
Could anybody tell me where is this checkbox?
I am having exactly the same problem, but cant get this checkbox to uncheck it

PS: I started the engines with dsadm user
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This would be buried a couple of levels deep in the web IBM Information Server. Login, do Administration -> Domain management. Select and edit your domain and the "DataStage Credentials" tab will have that check box.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Found it, was under the 'Open Configuration' link
As I was afraid, it's unchecked, so I did not help to solve my problem :-(

Thanks anyway
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

this is strange to me. I am having the same symptoms as above. When I uncheck the checkbox for "Share User Registry between IBM Information Server and DataStage Server", I am able to login successfully.

BUT, I have it checked on a different server that we installed a few weeks ago, and it is working as expected (with checkbox checked).

This is my intended behavior, so that jobs would be run as the appropriate user logged in and all files associated would be owned by this user. I want this enabled, so that we can track which users are running the jobs and creating files. I don't want to map users to dsadm or anyone else. So, I was happy that this is working as it did in v7.5x with the impersonation feature. But I'm now confused why it works on one server and doesn't on the other. I'm comparing the servers against each other but I'm not finding any differences.

any ideas? (In the meantime, we're opening a PMR with IBM).