Datastage Scheduling does not work

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh_sk
Participant

Datastage Scheduling does not work

Post by kamesh_sk »

Hi,

I have DS 7.5 running on windows. I have some sequencer jobs scheduled to run everyday and they were failing to get triggered. Can you help me to figure out as why scheduling doesn't work....The same was working for the past 2 years and it stopped working for the couple of days.But when i start the job manually it works....Can any one please help me with this.
Thanks in Advance

Kamesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

a) what has changed between the time when it worked and when it stopped working?

b) what is displayed on your DataStage server in a CMD window when logged in with the userid that you use in DataStage, you enter the command "at"?
kamesh_sk
Participant

Post by kamesh_sk »

Sir,

The production machine went down during that time.The OS was corrupted and backup was restored and also some hardware part has to be replaced .so does it mean should i start some services of datastage or what could it be?.Kindly help
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I assume that the AT schedule is gone. Re-enter your scheduling from DataStage (actually, do the old schedules still show in the director?).
Did you enter the "AT" command from a shell to see what entries are present?
kamesh_sk
Participant

Got the issue

Post by kamesh_sk »

I got the issue.
Actually a file called vmdsr_sched.exe is missing in the path where the windows scheduler looks for.This may be due to some patch updates of any application in the system. So i had to replace the exe file in the path required, by copying the exe file from my development environment machine
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Time to mark your post as Resolved, it seems.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers