ds_seqopen() - error in 'open()' - Permission denied

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxraja
Participant

ds_seqopen() - error in 'open()' - Permission denied

Post by pxraja »

Hi all,

my jobs got aborted by giving this fatal error message,

Sequential_File_25.FileName: ds_seqopen() - error in 'open()' - Permission denied

It is in the sequence, so the sequence got aborted without executing other jobs.

change made is: moved the sequential file in the unix to different folder and made the same path logically. i.e

physically the sequential file is not present in the mentioned path(present in some other path) but logically mapped to the same path what I had used in sequential file.

when I tried viewing the records in sequential file its getting viewed in Datastage job and tried to view in the path mentioned in unix server, records are viewed. But my question is why the job getting aborted by giving above message?

Any one give me the suggestions regarding this?

Thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you explain how you logically mapped the file (i.e., did you use "ln" for a logical link?). What are the user access rights to the symbolic link and to the actual file - try 777 and see if your error persists.
kejuste
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kejuste »

I have the same problem while running on jobs.

This problem could occur when the user has not set the Job Properties properly.

the user is running a job on one environment and Job properties are pointing to different environment.

Please check the Job Properties before you run the job.
Kathy Juster