COMP field handling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

svga
Participant

COMP field handling

Post by svga »

Hi,

My requirement is to convert a number into COMP field.I am using routine ConvertToDataTypePicComp to convert into COMP field.Can any one help me to do this. I used below format to convert

ConvertToDataTypePicComp(038,2). but i am getting an error unable to convert
'%1' into number.
svga
Participant

Post by svga »

hi,

Can any one help this out..
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Nobody here can help you unless you post the code of your site-specific custom routine: ConvertToDataTypePicComp. That's not a routine that ships with the product.

Mike
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Why not just use the CFF stage?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mike wrote:Nobody here can help you unless you post the code of your site-specific custom routine: ConvertToDataTypePicComp. That's not a routine that ships with the product.
Sure it is, it's included in the sdk along with a number of other similar conversions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Maybe my memory is faulty... I thought the whole set in the sdk was for converting from COMP. I don't remember a set for converting to COMP.

Mike
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

All I have here is V8 where that routine does not exist, but do recall that the original SDK cobol conversion routines went in both directions (I happen to have quite intimate knowledge of that code).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mike wrote:Maybe my memory is faulty... I thought the whole set in the sdk was for converting from COMP. I don't remember a set for converting to COMP.
Well, maybe it's my memory that's faulty then. :wink:

I know there are conversion routines out there, let me check... ack, you are correct. From is the supplied direction, to routines must be home brewed. Mea Culpa.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers