blink error not in log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

blink error not in log

Post by boligoma »

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a hashed file with 123 millions from DB2. At some point, I have the error:

Program "DSD.StageRun": Line 631, Internal data error.
File '/opt/IBM/software/DataStage/InformationServer/DS_HASH/HASH/DATA.30':
Computed blink of 0x870 does not match expected blink of 0x0!
Detected within group starting at address 0x80000000!

I've searched the forum, but the suggestions are only to clear the log file, and run it again, I've tried several times by cleaning up the hash and create the file again.

The data system has about 112 free GB, I don't know what else could be the mystake.

Thanks!

Ismael
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A job's "log file" is a hashed file and a blink error in a hashed file is a blink error, even if it's not a log. You've corrupted the hashed file by trying to write more than 2.2GB of data to it, you'll need to switch it to 64BIT.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Thanks chulett, unfortunately I can't see what suggestions you have because of the Premium Content. How I can turnaround this issue?, I'm thinking using several hashed files on different jobs. Is this logical?
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
boligoma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boligoma »

Thanks chulett, unfortunately I can't see what suggestions you have because of the Premium Content. How I can turnaround this issue?, I'm thinking using several hashed files on different jobs. Is this logical?
Ismael Martinez
Intellego SC
www.grupointellego.com
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search the forums for "64BIT", that should turn up quite a number of conversations on the subject of large hashed files.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get a premium membership.

Premium membership is one of the mechanisms through which the hosting and bandwidth charges incurred by DSXchange are defrayed. It's not expensive, at less than 30c per day.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.