Error calling subroutine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

I tried running the command ' DS.REINDEX ALL' in datastage administrator. After this also, I am getting the same error.
Sujatha K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What has changed on the system (not necessarily anything in DataStage - ANYWHERE on the system) since last Friday?

Are other projects on the same server accessible?

Has a connection been dropped?

Have you tried re-booting the client to clear any crap - such as handles to disconnected sessions - from its memory?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Hi Ray,

Other jobs on the same server also giving the same error while compiling hence my administrator stopped and restarted the server. Still the problem persists.
Sujatha K
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

In datastage director, I am unable to see the any of the jobs and I think the director lost the connection or logs might have got deleted.
Sujatha K
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That happens when you reindex the project and not everyone is out of it. You need to ensure yours is the only connection active or otherwise, there are no running jobs, etc etc. Only then rerun the reindex.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

Yes. I asked everyone to log off from Datastage designer, director and manager and then ran the 'DS.REINDEX ALL' command from Datastage administrator. But it didn't worked.
Sujatha K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I did not ask about other jobs, which was a given. I asked about other projects.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

In other projects also, same problem persists.
Sujatha K
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The reason I asked is that DSR_PROJECT is cataloged separately in each project. If the problem only occurs in one project, then it's probably the catalog entry for DSR_PROJECT (one of the helper subroutines in that project). If it's every project then the problem is more likely to be associated with the Subroutine object in the DS Objects interface that the clients use. Have you tried re-booting a client machine? If yes, have you tried re-installing the client software?
sujaoschin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sujaoschin »

The problem got resolved after exporting(backup) the jobs using proxy server. I don't know what happened. The problem got rectified by itself.Now I am able to compile and run the jobs and it didn't throw any error.
Sujatha K