Problems while exporting from DS Manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Novak
Participant

Problems while exporting from DS Manager

Post by Novak »

Hi,

All of a sudden I started getting an unusual sequence of warnings whilst trying to export jobs in DS Manager from both of my development and acceptance environments. It happens only when I try this whilst logged in remotely onto the machine that hosts both the server and the client.
Exporting locally from my machine reports no problems.

The messages coming up are as follows:

- MyCreateObject: Internal error - Could not create object with OLEType=VMDataStage.CDSRProgress

- CDSRepos.Initialize: Internal error - Could not create frmProgress object

After I click on "OK" on these warning windows, my DS Manager just closes.
Has anybody got any ideas as to why this happens.

Regards,

Novak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you installed ANY other Windows software that might have overwritten the DataStage DLLs?
The object that can not be created is the export progress reporter.
Re-installing the client is the probable solution.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Hi Ray,

Would it help if I was to copy the missing files/objects from my local instance of the client installation?
The reason I am asking this is only because it would take a hell lot of a time to get it re-installed on the remote machine.

Regards,

Novak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not. For a start you don't know the names of the DLLs. The objects are exposed by the OLE Automation servers represented by the DLLs (sometimes by OCX files). Without a heck of a lot of work you can't know which are in which.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

I know its been a long time since this topic has been opened but I only got around to fix it now, so...

Fortunately Ray, I did not have to go the lengths of re-installing the client, as machine restart fixed it up.
I would've done it long ago, but the remote machine is not under my control.

Thanks a lot,

Novak