XML Pack 1.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Pack 1.0

Post by cosec »

Hello all I have the XML Pack 1.0 and when I was installing it to my local pc...the XML Input Stage,XML Output Stage and the XML Transformer look like plug points instead of what it should look like....

Does it come under a different pack ?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Could be a variety of things....it's been so long since XMLPack has been "automatically" in the product that I can't remember if it used to have a separate GUI installer like WSPack. If it does, run the client side installer again--- this bring in the GUI bits and pieces....

The "plugs" also still appear after you do a successful import of an xml table definition. Restarting the client will fix that....

Alternatively, if it got messed up somehow, you may need to manually register the plugin using regsvr32....(with Start...Run....) I don't remember the names of them, but it's probably xml-xxx-gui.dll or such...

Perhaps someone else with a current 7.x can tell you the names.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why would anyone be specifically installing the old 1.0 version of the pack nowadays? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Well....good point. I'm assuming here that it is a site using DS pre-inclusion of XMLPack, and they need it, and aren't upgrading soon......but certainly they ought to....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

I re-installed my client after installing the latest .net Framework and that solved my issue.

Thanks