Auto Purge does not work

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Auto Purge does not work

Post by kaps »

We have a Multi instance Seq job which calls three server jobs and all three of them are multi instance again. In Adminsitrator, Auto Purge set for 20 runs. But when I checked the job in director it has "immediate purging" option turned on. I don't know how this happened. This could be because the set up in the adminstrator is made after importing the jobs.

Now I am changing it in job level to Auto Purge afetr 20 runs. But when I open again it has "immediate purge" setup. Why is it not taking it ?

Please advise.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

auto purge setting will only work for new jobs that have auto-purge enabled before they are created. For existing jobs you can export/import them to enable auto purge setting.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Immediate Purge is the default from the Director. What matters is if, in the Auto Purge section, the Enabled for this job option is checked. Doesn't matter if it is greyed out when you look, it only becomes active (changeable) what you click the Auto-Purge radio button.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

attu wrote:auto purge setting will only work for new jobs that have auto-purge enabled before they are created. For existing jobs you can export/import them to enable auto purge setting.
Hardly. You just need to enable it for them. One at a time, unfortunately, but there's absolutely no need to export/import.

Unless you've got one of them handy KBA utilities, one of which allows mass setting of the auto-purge options for existing jobs. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

As I mentioned in my original posting I am changing the set up to Auto Purge and checking the up to previous runs to 20 but it does not stick with the job. when I open next time it goes back to Immediate purge.
Thats my issue. Does anyone know why ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The default is always to have immediate purge option selected because that's probably what you want to do when you open this dialog. But you can see the current job auto-purge settings in the bottom half of the window, and these will take effect each time the job completes successfully. Don't waste time worrying about it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.