How to lock/unlock the jobs as Admin?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Step 1. Be aware of your responsibilities as Admin, one of which is to know when it is safe to unlock jobs and when it is not safe to do so.

Step 2. Ascertain who is holding the lock on the job. Get in contact with them and have them release (close) the job gracefully. If they can not be contacted access their client machine (for example through remote desktop) and do it for them.

Step 3. Search DSXchange for information about identifying the lock and the commands available to release the same.

Step 4. Never use kill (Task Manager) to end a DataStage process - this will leave locks held that are much harder to resolve.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your response.Actually i'm not having idea how to lock and unlock the jobs.Please give the idea how to do?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read my complete post.

Oh. You haven't purchased your premium membership yet? Better do so, then, or have your employer do so.

Premium membership is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are defrayed. By taking premium membership you are not only getting the benefits thereof but you are also helping to keep DSXchange alive. At less than 30c (Rs12) per day it is not expensive.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi Ray,
Please give the solution if you wish.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That would create a precedent of undermining the funding of DSXchange, which I do not propose to do.
sureshchandra
Participant

Post by sureshchandra »

Hi,
how to get the solution ? any other way ?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That answer is wrong on so many levels!

The question is about locked jobs, not about read-only jobs.

sureshchandra can get the answers sought via Search of DSXchange, but apparently chooses not to do so.